Debra A. McCurdy, Editor
Debra is Senior Health Policy Analyst at Reed Smith’s Tysons office. She is a member of the Life Sciences Health Industry Group, specializing in the area of health care regulatory and legislative policy.
- Tracking federal and state health care legislative and regulatory developments for Reed Smith clients, and preparing periodic customized reports covering legislation and regulations affecting their business.
- Developing Medicare coding, coverage, and reimbursement strategies, along with preparing coding applications for new health care technologies and services.
- Drafting comment letters for our clients in response to regulatory proposals impacting the Medicare program.
- Preparing testimony for Congressional hearings, drafting and analyzing legislation and amendments, and writing newsletter articles on legislative and regulatory activity.
- Assisting clients in analyzing and participating in the new Medicare competitive bidding program for durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies.
- B.A. Colgate University; cum laude, Political Science; 1986
- Co-author, “Medicare Competitive Bidding Program for Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies,” 2009 Medicare and Medicaid Reimbursement Update.
- Co-author, “Medicare’s New Policy For Recalled, Replaced Devices,” Health Law360 (November 2007)
- Co-author, “Medicare Hospital Inpatient Rule: New Policy for Recalled/Replaced Devices,” Product Liability Update, Vol. 3, No. 8 (September 2007)
- Published in BNA Medical Devices Law Industry Report and Health Lawyers Weekly
- Co-authored, along with other members of the firm, the Health Care Financial Transactions Manual