A number of recent Congressional hearings focused on federal health policies, including the following:
- House Energy and Commerce Committee hearings on the impact of health care consolidation, oversight of the Department of Health and Human Services (including the Trump Administration’s HHS budget request), and drug compounding.
- Ways and Means Committee hearings on President Trump’s HHS budget request and opioid abuse in the Medicare population.
- A Senate Finance Committee hearing on the President’s HHS budget proposal.
- A Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions (HELP) Committee hearing on the impact of the opioid crisis on children and families.
- A Senate Aging Committee hearing on rheumatoid arthritis therapies.
Additional hearings are also scheduled over the next few days, including:
- A February 27 HELP Committee hearing on “The Opioid Crisis: The Role of Technology and Data in Preventing and Treating Addiction.”
- A February 28 Energy & Commerce hearing on “Combating the Opioid Crisis: Helping Communities Balance Enforcement and Patient Safety.”
- A March 1 Energy & Commerce hearing on implementation of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System.