On June 24, 2015, the Senate Finance Committee is scheduled to vote on the following bipartisan health policy bills, described by Chairman Hatch as “common sense legislation that will improve the healthcare system for patients and taxpayers alike”:
- S. 607 – The Rural Community Hospital Demonstration Extension Act of 2015;
- S. 1349 – The Notice of Observation, Treatment and Implication for Care Eligibility (NOTICE) Act of 2015;
- S. 1461 – A One Year Extension of the Enforcement Instructions on Supervision Requirements of Outpatient Therapeutic Services in Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and Small Rural Hospitals;
- S. 313 – Prevent Interruptions in Physical Therapy Act of 2015;
- S. 1253 – Patient Access to Disposable Medical Technology Act of 2015;
- S. 1347 – Electronic Health Fairness Act of 2015;
- S. 704 – The Community Based Independence for Seniors Act;
- S. 1362 – The PACE Innovation Act of 2015;
- S. 861 – Preventing and Reducing Improper Medicare and Medicaid Expenditures Act of 2015;
- S. 349 – Special Needs Trust Fairness Act of 2015;
- S. 466 – Quality Care for Moms and Babies Act; and
- S. 599 – Improving Access to Emergency Psychiatric Care Act of 2015.
** June 25 update: The bills were approved by voice vote.