A number of recent Congressional hearings have focused on health policy issues, including the following:
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee held hearings on bipartisan proposals to redesign the Medicare benefit structure and challenges facing businesses under the ACA. A June 28 hearing will focus on Medicare Part B drug program reforms.
- House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee hearings addressed Medicare post-acute care and the 2013 Medicare Trustees Report.
- The Senate Finance Committee held a hearing entitled “High Prices, Low Transparency: The Bitter Pill of Health Care Costs,” along with hearings on oversight of Medicare Recovery Audit Contractors and a review of health care quality efforts.
- The Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs held a hearing on curbing prescription drug abuse in Medicare.
- The Senate Special Committee on Aging held a hearing entitled “Renewing the Conversation: Respecting Patients’ Wishes and Advance Care Planning.”
- A House Small Business Committee hearing on “Mobile Medical App Entrepreneurs: Changing the Face of Health Care.”