A number of Congressional panels have scheduled hearings on health policy issues, including the following:
- An April 21, 2009 Senate Finance Committee hearings on “Reforming America’s Health Care Delivery System”;
- A Ways and Means Committee hearing on April 22 regarding reforming the health insurance market;
- An April 22 Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on “Eliminating Waste and Fraud in Medicare and Medicaid“;
- An April 22 House Transportation and Infrastructure Aviation Subcommittee hearing entitled “Oversight of Helicopter Medical Services”; and
- An April 23 House Education and Labor Health Subcommittee hearing on “Ways to Reduce the Cost of Health Insurance for Employers, Employees and their Families.”
In addition, on April 21, 2009, the Senate Finance Committee has scheduled a vote on the nomination of Kathleen Sebelius to be Secretary of Health and Human Services.