A number of Congressional panels have held hearings recently on health care issues, including the following:
- A Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee hearing entitled “The Broken Pipeline: Losing Opportunities in the Life Sciences”.
- A Senate Aging Committee hearing entitled “Under the Influence: Can We Provide Doctors An Alternative To Biased Drug Reviews“.
- A House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee hearing on MedPAC’s annual report to Congress (see related discussion below).
- A Senate Finance Committee “roundtable discussion” regarding Medicare hospital value-based purchasing.
- A House Judiciary Committee hearing on corporate deferred prosecution agreements and non-prosecution agreements, with a focus on the role of independent monitors of such agreements.
- A Senate Judiciary Committee hearing entitled “Generation Rx: The Abuse of Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drug“.