Recent Congressional hearings have addressed the following health policy issues:
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee has held hearings on Medicaid reform, implementation of the ACA, and reform of drug compounding regulations. An August 1 hearing entitled “PPACA Pulse Check” will feature testimony by CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner.
- The Senate Finance Committee held two hearings on health information technology, along with a hearing on repealing the SGR.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee examined “pay for delay” settlements between generic and brand-name drug companies.
- The House Ways and Means Committee held two hearings on the Administration’s delay of the ACA employer insurance mandate, and an August 1 hearing will focus on the status of ACA implementation. The House Education and the Workforce Committee also held a hearing on the ACA employer mandate delay.
- The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and House Homeland Security Committee are holding a joint hearing on July 30 entitled on “Evaluating Privacy, Security, and Fraud Concerns with ObamaCare's Information Sharing Apparatus.”
- The Senate Budget Committee is holding a July 30, 2013 hearing on containing health care costs.