The Reed Smith Health Industry Washington Watch blog has been updated to report on recent health policy developments, including the following:
- CMS Regulatory Developments. CMS has issued final rules on 2016 ACA Marketplace plan benefit and payment parameters, Medicare Advantage and Part D requirements for contract year 2016, and the 2016 funding methodology for the ACA Basic Health Program. CMS also has published corrections to the 2015 final Medicare OPPS/ASC rule, with an impact on payment rates. In addition, CMS has announced that it needs more time to finalize an ACA rule on return of Medicare overpayments.
- Other CMS Developments. CMS has announced changes to the measurements used in the Nursing Home Compare Five Star Quality Rating System, and it is inviting applications for a new Oncology Care Model testing performance-based Medicare payment for episodes of care surrounding chemotherapy administration, along with proposals for Hospital Engagement Network Contracts.
- GAO & OIG Developments. The GAO has reported on Medicare program risks and CMS activities to prepare the health industry for ICD-10. The OIG has announced its plans for health reform oversight activities, and it issued a report on Medicare payments to providers with delinquent Medicare debts.
- Legislative Developments. Today the Ways and Means Committee is marking up bills addressing Medicare program integrity, DMEPOS competitive bidding, hospital observation status, and EHR meaningful use in ASCs, and several Congressional committees are holding hearings on health policy issues. The Energy & Commerce Committee approved bipartisan public health bills, and the House passed an ACA repeal and replace bill.
- CMS Events. CMS is hosting a call on nursing home quality initiatives, and it is holding a meeting on hospital outpatient payment policy.