The Senate Finance Committee held a hearing on the President’s proposed HHS budget for FY 2013. The House Ways and Means Committee is holding a hearing on the HHS budget proposal on February 28; the budget also will be the focus of a House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing on March 1, 2012. Also looking ahead, the following health policy hearings and markups have been scheduled:
- A February 28 House Budget Committee hearing entitled “Strengthening Health and Retirement Security.”
- A February 29 Senate Budget Committee hearing on “Putting Health Care Spending on a Sustainable Path.”
- A February 29 Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on expanding access to dental care.
- A February 29 Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee markup of H.R. 452, the Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011, which would repeal the ACA's Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB);
- A March 1 Energy and Commerce Committee hearing entitled "Prescription Drug Diversion: Combating the Scourge."
- A March 1 Senate Judiciary Committee markup of S.1002, the "SAFE DOSES (Strengthening and Focusing Enforcement to Deter Organized Stealing and Enhance Safety) Act."